Call for Applications for the 2022 Dublin City Social Enterprise Awards
Deadline extended to the 24th May 2022
The Dublin City Social Enterprise Awards aim to support social enterprise creation and development in Dublin City. The awards programme provides grants, mentoring, promotion, and other supports to successful applicants to enable them to further develop their activities, increase their social impact and benefit more individuals and communities.
The Dublin City Social Enterprise Awards were established by Inner City Enterprise (ICE) and Dublin City Council with the support of the Local Enterprise Office (LEO) Dublin City in 2015. These partner organisations recognised that there was a need for grants to support the creation and / or development of social enterprises in Dublin City. They also recognised the need to increase awareness of social enterprises and the important contribution that they make to local communities and economies.
Each year, a fund of approximately €60,000 is distributed among innovative social enterprises. (Further information about the awards and previous awardees is available in the Dublin City Social Enterprise Awards – Impact Report ). The awards are funded and supported by Dublin City Council and the Department of Rural and Community Development. Inner City Enterprise is responsible for managing the awards programme and providing mentoring to awardees. The awards align with the policy objectives of the National Social Enterprise Policy for Ireland 2019-2022
The Application & Awards Process
- Open call for submission of application forms
- Review, scoring and short-listing of application forms
- Short-listed applicants invited to present to evaluations committee
- Scoring of presentations & notification of award winners
- Awards ceremony and presentation of funding to award winners
Eligible Organisation Types
- Company Limited by Guarantee not having share capital (CLG) and registered with the Companies Registration Office (CRO)
- Designated Activity Company (DAC) Limited by Guarantee
- Co-operatives which can demonstrate a clear social benefit / impact
- Applications will be considered from Private Companies Limited by Shares (LTD) if the shares are 100% owned by a registered Irish charity
Additional Eligibility Requirements:
- Be a Social Enterprise i.e., as defined by the National Social Enterprise Policy:
- Be located in the Dublin City administrative area or capable of delivering social enterprise projects in this administrative area
- Provide a Tax Clearance Certificate before awarded funds can be drawn down
- Provide evidence that public liability insurance is in place before awarded funds can be drawn down
Ineligible Organisation Types
- Public Limited Company (PLC)
- Single Member Company
- Unlimited Company
- Limited Partnership
- Designated Activity Company (DAC) Limited by Shares (unless shares are 100% owned by a registered Irish charity)
- Private Limited Company LTD (unless shares are 100% owned by a registered Irish charity)
- Unincorporated Association / Body
- Sole-Traders or Individuals
- Applicants will be deemed ineligible if they are regular commercial businesses whose sole aim is to generate profits for Owners / Directors / Shareholders
- Applicants will be deemed ineligible if they are in substantial debt or if threatened insolvency is an issue
- Enterprises which have been awarded the award previously are deemed ineligible to apply again for a period of 3 years from date of their previous award
A competitive process is in place to assist with the selection and evaluation process. Selection of successful candidates will be based on the following criteria:
- Number of direct / indirect jobs to be created
- Quality of proposal
- Viability / sustainability of enterprise
- Quality of promoter
- Social impact / social return on investment
The shortlisted candidates will be invited to present on their social enterprise and application to the evaluation committee. This will involve a presentation of approximately 5 minutes and a question-and-answer session of approximately 10 minutes. The committee will score and rank the candidates accordingly.
Download the application form here
Submit this completed application form along with supporting documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org
Submission Deadline for Applications: 23:59 – 25th of April 2022 (Extended to the 24th of May 2022)
Conditions of Drawdown
- A letter of offer will be issued by email to successful candidates which will include terms and conditions
- Applicants will be required to submit a copy of the registration documentation for the companies’ registration office (CRO) and a current tax clearance cert
- Evidence of public liability insurance must be provided
- All successful applicants must agree to work with a mentor, assigned by: Inner City Enterprise / Dublin City Social Enterprise Committee
- Successful applicants will be included in case study materials, promotional activities, and media reports
Once all the conditions of drawdown have been met, award funds will be paid to successful applicants.
Submission Deadline for Applications:
The Dublin City Social Enterprise Committee reserves the right to extend this deadline. All applicants will be notified regarding the status of their application.
In order to assess, measure and improve the programme and its impact, periodic reporting on awardees may take place. Awardees must be willing to provide information on the impact of the award on their social enterprise / organisation and participate in surveys.
Reporting may include providing updates on: jobs created (new or reallocated), projects, people supported, sales, exports and / or domestic market expansion, revenue, costs, expected follow on investment etc.